Recipe by SarahCKS
I had been a big fan of Saag Paneer before I tried this recipe, and so I was anxious to try a spinach curry with meat. The results turned out very tasty.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Made exactly as directed, I wouldnt change a thing! I suspect I may have used a bit less spinach since my dish doesnt look as spinachy as the other photo, but I assure you, it was fabulous! A regular dish for us from now on, thank you! Made for I Recommend tag game
- 1 lb frozen spinach
- 1 onion
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 fresh green chile
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 4 small tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less for a milder dish) or 1 teaspoon chili powder (or less for a milder dish)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 -2 lb chicken, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree everything but the last four recipe items in a food processor.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or medium saucepan. Saute the bay leaves for a couple minutes.
- Add the spinach puree and the chicken; simmer until chicken is tender 30-60 minutes. Add cream or yogurt, heat through. Add some water or milk if spinach seems too dry. Serve when hot.