Recipe by Creole cookin'
My mom and I went to an Indian festival this weekend and enjoyed the best food! I think my stomach wants to move to Mumbai
Top Review by Cathy Kerton-Johnson
Delicious! Quite spicy, my kids struggled a little with the heat. I used fresh baby spinach, and also substituted cream cheese for yoghurt as that's all I had in the fridge. Delicious!
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 fresh green chili pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 diced onion
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons curry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 8 chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spinach without water, in covered pan for 5 minutes.
- Puree spinach, ginger , garlic and chili with 1/4 cup water.
- Heat oil, add bay leaves and pepper corns and onion, stir fry for 6-8 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, salt and chili powder, cook 2 minutes.
- Add spinach puree and remaining water to pan simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt 1 tbs at a time simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, cover and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with warm naan and yogurt, dust lightly with chili powder.