Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I like to serve this dish when I have company for supper or for a special occasion. No one will ever suspect how easy it is to make. It may be served over buttered noodles, if desired.
- 3 1⁄2-4 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cut up
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (10 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered (Not Marinated)
- Brown chicken in butter and oil.
- Remove and place in 3 quart casserole dish.
- In same skillet saute mushrooms.
- Stir in flour and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add soup, wine and water and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Stir in cream and seasonings.
- Pour over chicken and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Stir in drained artichokes and bake 5 minutes more.