Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yet another way to prepare chicken! This gives an elegant presentation.It's great as a family meal, and your guests will enjoy this beautifully prepared entree as well. If raspberries are in season, sprinkle a few around the plate.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 4 ounces boursin cheese, quartered (or other herb-flavored cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup english walnuts, finely chopped
- 4 large spinach leaves, steamed slightly
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup light raspberry vinaigrette dressing (if lite raspberry vinaigrette is not available sub 1/4 cup lite red wine vinegar and oil dressing an)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness with flat side of meat mallet or chef's knife.
- Roll cheese in walnuts.
- Place 1 spinach leaf on each breast; top with a cheese quarter. Fold chicken around spinach and cheese to form a mound.Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken. Place chicken in baking pan. Cover. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender.
- Mix wine and dressing in small skillet. Cook over medium heat until sauce is reduced by one-half: stir in butter or margarine. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Serve with rice.
- *If raspberry vinaigrette is not available, substitute 1/4 cup bottled reduced calorie red wine vinegar and oil dressing and 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam. Omit butter or margarine.
WONDERFUL! (And I made a mistake and it still turned out GREAT!) I followed the recipe as directed, but had a bit more walnuts left over, as I had eyeballed those, so I sprinkled them over the top. The chicken browned in the oven beautifully. When making the sauce, I only reduced the vinaigrette, as I forgot the other 2 ingredients :-( It was still wonderful, and I would make it like that again, though I will try it the right way, with the sauce made as directed. Thanks for sharing a great dish, FLUFFSTER.