Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another weird way to achieve good results. I make these for Chicken Royal. I got this recipe from Jackie Tucker who I worked with in the 1980's. This is her mother's "recipe" for dumplings and it does works. Start with 2 cups of flour, you may need more.I am not sure how many dumplings the recipe makes.
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pour cream of chicken soup into a large bowl.
- Gradually stir in flour to form a thick dough, the consistency of biscuit dough.
- Knead dough.
- Roll out onto floured surface, about 1 inch thick.
- Cut into 1 inch by 1 inch squares.
- Remove Chicken Royal from broth.
- Remove skin and bones and chunk chicken meat.
- Bring broth to boil and drop dumplings into boiling broth.
- They will bob to surface when done.
- Add chicken back to broth and enjoy!