Recipe by SavvyL
This is a fabulous recipe from the Nov/Dec 2011 issue of Clean Eating. The fresh sage makes this special.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 2 shallots, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 ounces spreadable goat cheese, such at chevre, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and 1/2 inch thickness
- 6 slices deli ham
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mist a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil on medium. Add squash and shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in bread crumbs, goat cheese, sage, pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Place ham on a work surface and top each slice with 1 chicken breast and 1/6th of the squash mixture. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Arrange on a baking sheet and roast for 25 to 30 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes. Remove toothpicks and serve.