Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
The nutty crumb coating and the cheese are just marvellous in this chicken dish. Easily doubles or triples if you need it.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the chicken breast between plastic wrap and pound out to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Remove top layer of plastic and spread onions and cheese on chicken, leaving about 1 inch bare towards the wider end of the breast.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Beginning at the skinnier end of the breast, start rolling it up tightly, and wrap the roulade in plastic and refrigerate until firm.
- Place the bread, pine nuts, thyme, salt, and pepper in a food processor and process until it is evenly formed into a powder.
- Unwrap the chicken and place it at the top edge of the plastic wrap.
- Spread the crumb mixture evenly on the plastic wrap, and roll the chicken across it until it is covered well.
- Place a toothpick through the chicken if it does not want to hold closed very well; or tie with kitchen twine.
- Heat the oil in an oven-safe skillet and brown roulade, seam side down first, turning gently to brown other sides.
- With seam side down, finish cooking the roulade in the skillet in the oven at 375F for 10 minutes.
- Turn the roulade over, and cook in the oven for 10 minutes more, or until firm.
- Remove toothpicks or twine, if used.
- Place the roulade on a cutting board, and with a sharp knife, cut it into six medallions before serving.
Excellent! we really enjoyed this
A little difficult to make the first time a tried it, but a definate keeper.