Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The nutty crumb coating and the cheese are just marvellous in this chicken dish. Easily doubles or triples if you need it.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the chicken breast between plastic wrap and pound out to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Remove top layer of plastic and spread onions and cheese on chicken, leaving about 1 inch bare towards the wider end of the breast.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Beginning at the skinnier end of the breast, start rolling it up tightly, and wrap the roulade in plastic and refrigerate until firm.
- Place the bread, pine nuts, thyme, salt, and pepper in a food processor and process until it is evenly formed into a powder.
- Unwrap the chicken and place it at the top edge of the plastic wrap.
- Spread the crumb mixture evenly on the plastic wrap, and roll the chicken across it until it is covered well.
- Place a toothpick through the chicken if it does not want to hold closed very well; or tie with kitchen twine.
- Heat the oil in an oven-safe skillet and brown roulade, seam side down first, turning gently to brown other sides.
- With seam side down, finish cooking the roulade in the skillet in the oven at 375F for 10 minutes.
- Turn the roulade over, and cook in the oven for 10 minutes more, or until firm.
- Remove toothpicks or twine, if used.
- Place the roulade on a cutting board, and with a sharp knife, cut it into six medallions before serving.