1 hr 5 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
The nutty crumb coating and the cheese are just marvellous in this chicken dish. Easily doubles or triples if you need it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Place the chicken breast between plastic wrap and pound out to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 3Remove top layer of plastic and spread onions and cheese on chicken, leaving about 1 inch bare towards the wider end of the breast.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Beginning at the skinnier end of the breast, start rolling it up tightly, and wrap the roulade in plastic and refrigerate until firm.
- 6Place the bread, pine nuts, thyme, salt, and pepper in a food processor and process until it is evenly formed into a powder.
- 7Unwrap the chicken and place it at the top edge of the plastic wrap.
- 8Spread the crumb mixture evenly on the plastic wrap, and roll the chicken across it until it is covered well.
- 9Place a toothpick through the chicken if it does not want to hold closed very well; or tie with kitchen twine.
- 10Heat the oil in an oven-safe skillet and brown roulade, seam side down first, turning gently to brown other sides.
- 11With seam side down, finish cooking the roulade in the skillet in the oven at 375F for 10 minutes.
- 12Turn the roulade over, and cook in the oven for 10 minutes more, or until firm.
- 13Remove toothpicks or twine, if used.
- 14Place the roulade on a cutting board, and with a sharp knife, cut it into six medallions before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Roulade With Asiago and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 802.5
- Calories from Fat 485
- Total Fat 53.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 136.8 mg
- Sodium 480.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 61.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: