Mims & Squims's Note:
Picture perfect, yet simple to make. Perfect for low-fat & low-carb dieters!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/3 cup shallot (peeled and minced)
- 4 medium red bell peppers (cut into strips)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (for brushing top of roulade)
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1In a heavy skillet, over medium heat, saute minced shallots in butter until slighty golden (2 minutes). Add bell pepper strips, basil and balsamic vinegar. Cook until peppers are just tender - do not over cook. Season with sea salt and pepper. Remove form heat and set aside to cool.
- 2Place meat on cutting board, between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Pound with a mallet to 1/2-inch thickness. Remove top sheet of plastic.
- 3In a food processor, pulse the cooled shallot/pepper mixture until semi-smooth. Spoon the red pepper mixture onto the turkey breast, and spread out evenly leaving a 1-inch edge clear for easy rolling.
- 4Starting at 1 long side, roll up meat jelly-roll style. Secure edge with skewers or toothpicks, then tie with kitchen twine. Oil a 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan. Transfer roulade to prepared pan, skewer side down. Brush roulade with olive oil & sprinkle with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- 5Preheat oven to 400°F Roast roulade until thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 160°F, about 35 minutes.
- 6Remove roulade from oven; let stand at room temperature 5 minutes. Remove string and skewers from roulade. Cut into 6 slices and transfer to a decorative platter. Garnish with roasted seasonal fruits and root veggies.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Roulade W/ Shallots & Red Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.6
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 127.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 28.8 g