Nice looking, light appetizer with great taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1Lightly grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan or baking sheet with edge.
- 2Line with parchment paper or foil, shiny side up. Coat generously with butter or margarine and flour lightly.
- 4In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter or margarine.
- 5Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 6Add milk.
- 7Cook and stir until mixture comes to boil, simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 8Beat egg yolks, adding a few tablespoons hot sauce, then beat egg yolk mixture into sauce.
- 9Season with salt, nutmeg and pepper.
- 10Pour into medium bowl and cool slightly.
- 11Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff but not dry. Gently fold into sauce. Spread mixture in prepared pan.
- 12Bake in a 375°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and top feels firm.
- 13Let stand 5 minutes.
- 14Invert roulade on clean tea towel. Carefully peel off paper in strips. Cool completely.
- 15Cut crosswise in half to make 2 rectangles 10 inches wide.
- 17Combine all ingredients.
- 18Spread filling over both rectangles.
- 19Starting with a 10 inch side, roll up both rectangles.
- 20Wrap separately with plastic film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 21(May be prepared 2 days ahead.)
- 22Cut into 1/2 inch slices.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Roulade Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (1212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 103.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g