Recipe by TheGrumpyChef
Great to use up leftover chicken. Makes a great lunch, or take it to your next potluck. From Pilbury Come & Eat.
Top Review by IngridH
This recipe looked great to me, because I had everything for it on hand, and it didn't dissapoint. I made one substitution, and one addition. Pickle relish is not one of my favorite foods, so I used chopped capers instead, and I added a tablespoon of a spinach dip mix that includes a bit of dried onion and dill. I liked this better on the second day, after the flavors had time to mingle overnight. Next time, I might add some chopped green onion and some extra egg, and cut back the sugar to make the dressing a bit less rich. Overall, I really liked this salad, and would definitely make it again, especially for a cool meal on a hot day. Thanks for posting!
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 2 cups frozen baby peas
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs in small saucepan; cover with cold water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer about 15 minutes. Immediately drain; run cold water over eggs to stop cooking. Peel eggs; chop.
- Meanwhile, cook rotini to desired doneness as directed on package, adding peas during last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain; rinse with cold water to cool.
- In small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; blend well.
- In large bowl, combine cooked pasta and peas, chopped eggs, chicken and carrot. Add dressing; stir gently to mix.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until serving time.