Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posting for safekeeping.
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini pasta (spiral pasta)
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon margarine or 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Cook rotini to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain.
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cooked rotini, chicken, celery, onion, basil and pepper; mix well.
- In medium -bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk and sour cream; blend well. Add to rotini mixture; mix well.
- Spoon mixture into sprayed casserole.
- In small bowl, combine all topping ingredients; mix well. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
This was very tasty and easy to make. I think that nest time I will double the topping ingredients since the topping was good but I felt just not enough.
I tried this recipe because I had all of the ingredients on hand. The most interesting part of this casserole is the slightly tangy taste of the mayo/sour cream mixture. I added about a tsp of minced garlic and about 3/4 cup cheddar cheese. I then topped it with some more cheddar before taking it out of the oven. Even then, I think it could have used more flavor. Could have used a greater amount of "sauce," too. It's a great start to a comfort food. Just needs a little tweaking to add your own personal tastes. I didn't rate it because of the changes I made. Thanks for sharing.