Chef Mommie's Note:
A suggested salad and/or rice make good accompanyments to this Roti. I haven't made it myself yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (cut up)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 medium onion (chopped chunky)
- 1 green pepper (chopped chunky)
- 1 large carrot (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 10 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 -3 teaspoons hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley (chopped)
- 4 large tortillas
- mango chutney or fruit salsa
- 1In a large skillet saute garlic, onion 1-2 minutes.
- 2Add chicken and saute until cooked and tender.
- 3Add green pepper and carrots. Saute 1-2 minutes.
- 4Add chicken broth, potatoes and as much water as needed to cover everything.
- 5Simmer until the potatoes are very tender and broth begins to reduce.
- 6Add all spices and flavorings to personal taste.
- 7Cover and turn off.
- 8This can now stand until just before serving time.
- 9It will thicken a little as it cools.
- 10At serving time heat the roti mixture to a boil stirring with a wooden spoon. You want a nice thick curry stew.
- 11Cook to reduce more if too runny.
- 12Warm tortillas, place on plate.
- 13Put generous portion of roti mixture in center of tortilla.
- 14Roll up with ends folded under. Serve with chutney on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Roti
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.7
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 752.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 25.8 g