Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A suggested salad and/or rice make good accompanyments to this Roti. I haven't made it myself yet.
Make and share this Chicken Roti recipe from Food.com.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (cut up)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 medium onion (chopped chunky)
- 1 green pepper (chopped chunky)
- 1 large carrot (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 -3 teaspoons hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley (chopped)
- 4 large tortillas
- mango chutney or fruit salsa
- In a large skillet saute garlic, onion 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken and saute until cooked and tender.
- Add green pepper and carrots. Saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes and as much water as needed to cover everything.
- Simmer until the potatoes are very tender and broth begins to reduce.
- Add all spices and flavorings to personal taste.
- Cover and turn off.
- This can now stand until just before serving time.
- It will thicken a little as it cools.
- At serving time heat the roti mixture to a boil stirring with a wooden spoon. You want a nice thick curry stew.
- Cook to reduce more if too runny.
- Warm tortillas, place on plate.
- Put generous portion of roti mixture in center of tortilla.
- Roll up with ends folded under. Serve with chutney on top.
I was going to post this recipe myself; mine is identical and I've made it many times. It's always a hit. A superb taste of the Caribbean and REALLY easy to make. Next time I'll take a picture and post: you end up with kind of thick stew that you roll up in a tortilla. (Note steps 7 and 8 and plan ahead: for best results, make earlier and reheat before serving -- this yields a thicker "stew.") In addition to the salsa or chutney (I've used both) I also make Coconut Rice to go with. Delicious!