1/1 Photo of Chicken, Rosemary and White Bean Stew
I love this stew, it reminds me of our favorite Bistro restaurants in London. Cooks in 30 minutes and needs only a very simple green salad and rustic crusty bread to make it a very special meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken parts (remove skins if desired)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed (or 4 cups fresh cooked)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat oil in a soup pot, add chicken and brown over high heat Reduce heat to medium high, add onion, carrots, garlic and bacon, and cook until onions begin to brown.
- 2Add vinegar and wine and bring to a boil, simmer over medium heat until liquid is reduced by 1/3.
- 3Add beans, rosemary and chicken broth, cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- 4Season with salt and pepper and ladle into soup bowls.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Rosemary and White Bean Stew
Serving Size: 1 (712 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 845.6
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 191.5 mg
- Sodium 1636.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 75.6 g