Recipe by Waterburner
Winter comfort food! Chicken with potatoes, onions, carrots & garlic. A no brainer recipe thats great anytime of the week. A staple in our home.
- 1 whole cut up roasting chicken
- 2 lbs potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 5 medium carrots, cut in 1 in pieces
- 6 peeled garlic cloves, whole
- olive oil, to coat
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper & 1/2 of herbs.
- Place chicken in a large roasting pan & drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile place remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl coat with olive oil season and add remaining herbs.
- After the chicken has cooked the first 20 min add the vegetables to the roasting pan return to oven and cook 30 minute.
- Remove when chicken is fully cooked and potatoes and garlic are caramelized.
- Fantastic with a bottle of wine and a crusty loaf of bread!