Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A flavourful lunch or dinner option packed with variety. It's relatively easy to whip up and my dad and I love to make it. The Kalamata olives are optional for those who don't like them like me... Also, my dad likes to leave the garlic in instead of removing it -- it certainly adds a jolt.
- 3 tablespoons salt-free seasoned dried breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 4 thin-sliced boneless chicken cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, liquid reserved
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Combine breadcrumbs and cheese in shallow dish or pie plate. Dredge the chicken pieces in the crumb/cheese mix to coat both sides of the chicken.
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp oil in a nonstick skillet (preferably 12") over medium heat. Add half of chicken and cook until golden and cooked through: 2-3 minute each side. Put them on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat.
- Add drained tomatoes, garlic, olives, vinegar, red pepper, and 1/3 cup of tomato liquid. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and discard garlic. Stir in basil. Spoon the sauce over cutlets and serve.
- Enjoy with family, friends, or just you, yourself, and you!