Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This chicken is super easy, and can easily be cut down to 1 or 2 servings. It's great for a last minute "what should I make for dinner" night.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine bread crumbs, parsley and cheese.
- Brush chicken with butter, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place meaty side up in ungreased, shallow baking pan.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Cover the chicken with foil if the crumbs begin to get too brown.
This is very similar to the way we make baked-bread crumb chicken. It was very moist and the breading had a great flavor. I made with b/s chicken thighs, but otherwise made as is. Made for Everyday Holiday.
This is a really good weekday dish, easy to put together and cook. I used Masterfoods dried italian herbs and less than half the butter to coat the breasts (cooking 5 large breasts) which fitted just nicely into my baking dish. Will use just a little less crumbs next time (though personally the seasoned crumbs - with herbs and cheese - fried in a little butter could be the making of a great stuffing). Did cook at 170 degrees celcius in a fan forced oven (finding that with a lot of recipes have to cook at lower temperature). Thank you Karen67 for a make again recipe. Made for The All New Newest Zaar Tag.