Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Instead of buying chicken cutlets (expensive!), pound boneless, skinless breasts to the desired thickness.
- 3 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated pecorino romano cheese
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, liquid reserved
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- Combine breadcrumbs and cheese in shallow dish or pie plate. Dredge the chicken pieces in crumb mixture to coat on both sides.
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp oil in a 12-inch skillet of medium heat. Add half the chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to plate; cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add drained tomatoes, garlic, olives, vinegar, red pepper, and 1/3 cup of the tomato liquid. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened.
- removed from heat and discard garlic. Stir in basil. Spoon sauce over cutlets and serve.