Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From a Lipton Onion Soup Mix packet. I'm surprised this isn't here already. This is really good.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 (14 -16 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopelipton recipe secrets beefy onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine or 1⁄4 cup water
- hot cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In 12" skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown chicken.
- Stir in tomatoes, olives and garlic, then beefy onion soup mix blended with wine.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Skim fat if necessary.
- Serve over hot noodles.