Recipe by GinnyP
This is so easy. You're going to love it. Kids even like this dish with the 'green stuff'.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- coarse grain mustard
- 4 -8 slices thick bacon
- store-bought pesto sauce (I like Buitoni's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn on broiler.
- Place chicken breast halves between two sheets of waxed paper or heavy plastic wrap and pound lightly to flatten.
- (I usually have an errant piece that I trim off each breast half. I'll tell you what I do with that in a moment.) Generously spread fillets on one side with mustard; roll up with mustard inside.
- Wrap each roll with a bacon slice.
- (Sometimes I use 1 1/2 slices per breast.) Place on broiler pan.
- (Now for the other pieces of chicken. I sort of twist them slightly and wrap each with a partial piece of bacon and add them to the broiler pan. They cook quicker than the rest of the chicken, so I pull them off first.) Broil chicken about 8 minutes, turn and broil another 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let the chicken sit for a couple minutes before serving.
- Serve with pesto on the side.