Recipe by Barb G.
A very tasty, easy to make recipe, good with a little wine added to the sauce. Try serving it over orzo pasta instead of the macaroni. If you are watching carbs skip the pasta and go for a nice green salad instead.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 177.44 ml herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 70.87 g canned mushrooms, drained
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, snipped
- 29.58-44.37 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 177.44 ml chicken broth
- 177.44 ml half-and-half cream
- 19.71 ml flour
- 29.58 ml fresh chives, snipped
- 473.18 ml corkscrew macaroni, cooked and drained (optional)
- 2.46 ml ground sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken between 2 sheets plastic wrap; using the flat side of a meat mallet, lightly pound the chicken breast to form 1/8-inch-thick rectangles.
- Toss togerther stuffing mix, mushrooms, parsley, and dash pepper; toss with the 2 to 3 tablespoons broth and the butter.
- Spoon one-forth of the mixture onto small end of each chicken breast; fold in long sides of chicken and roll up into a spiral, starting from the short edge; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- In a medium skillet brown chicken on all sides in hot oil; add the 3/4 cup chicken broth and the sage; bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer covered, about 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning rolls halfway through cooking; Remove chicken rolls; keep warm.
- Stir cream into flour; add to drippings; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Stir in chives; return chicken to pan; heat through; Serve over pasta.
- Note: make ahead tip; Prepare chicken rolls but do not cook; cover and chill up to 4 hours, continue as above.