Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love chicken and cranberries together and this recipe fills that bill. I've always received raves for this recipe. I hope ya'll enjoy too!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (flattened out)
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 5 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup herb stuffing mix, crush divide
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- tomatoes, rosettes
- parsley sprig
- In small saucepan, place orange juice and heat over medium heat.
- Add ALL OF THE cranberries.
- Cover and set aside to soften.
- In another saucepan, place 2 Tablespoons of the margarine and melt over medium heat.
- Add celery and onion and saute about 2 minutes.
- To 1/3 cup of the stuffing mix, add sage; stir into celery onion mixture and add 2/3 cup of the cranberries.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and spread with mustard.
- Spoon cranberry mixture in center of each piece, roll chicken over filling and fasten with wooden picks.
- Melt remaining 3 Tablespoons margarine and dip each chicken roll, first in margarine and then in remaining 2/3 cup crushed stuffing.
- Place chicken on baking pan lined with foil and sprayed with a vegetable spray.
- Bake, uncovered in 350 degree oven about 30 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- Garnish with tomato rosettes and parsley; sprinkle chicken with remaining 2 Tablespoons of cranberries.