Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from an online friend many years ago. This is absolutely delicious and one of my favorite dishes. It looks so pretty, and is actually very easy to make.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 8 ounces chopped pecans
- Pound chicken until flattened slightly.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of cream cheese on the underside of the breasts.
- Roll the breast and secure with toothpicks so all filling is enclosed.
- Spread mustard over the chicken.
- Roll chicken in brown sugar until well coated. (you may need to pat additional sugar on chicken).
- Place the chicken rolls in 13x9 pan.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake in a preheated 300º oven for 1-1/2 hours, basting very frequently.
I don't know if I'd make this again or not. My husband didn't like the cream cheese filling, but my sister did. I thought it was too sweet.
This is really easy to prepare and has a great presentation. It makes a lot of sauce and would be great served with rice or noodles. Thanks, Charmie777! Made for ZWT9, team Gourmet Goddesses.
We were ambivalent about this--I'm not giving any stars because I did modify the recipe. I thought the plain cream cheese filling was exactly that...too plain. And even with sprucing it up, we didn't particularly care for the filling. My fiance didn't like the texture and I just thought it needed to be more savory to counter the sweetness of the glaze. I used the onion and chives cream cheese, added garlic powder and pepper and it was still too sweet as a filling. Maybe a swiss cheese type filling would be more appealing to us. It was a good recipe but not fantastic and not something I'd make again as directed.