Recipe by ridgesenji
Quick, easy dinner that my family loves! I got this recipe from a friend years ago who actually made this up themselves. So far I have not seen anything like it here, so I wanted to share it with everyone. I love this recipe because it's so easy and takes less than 30 mins from start to finish!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese (I substitute Philadelphia cooking creme savory garlic)
- 1 (10 ounce) container fine breadcrumbs (recipe is for a small sprinkling, you'll end up with a LOT leftover. Find a smaller size or keep the)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (You can substitute whatever cheese you like best and use less (or more)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven according to the temperature on the cans of crescent rolls.
- Cut chicken breasts into small cubes and place them in a pan/skillet on the stove top. Cook the chicken on medium heat until there is no longer any pink, stirring it frequently as it cooks so as not to burn the chicken.
- Drain the chicken in a strainer to remove any excess moisture left in the skillet.
- Return chicken to skillet and cook on low, adding the cream cheese to the skillet. Stir until the cream cheese is melted and covering the chicken.
- Remove from stove and let it sit a few minutes to cool. While you are letting it cool, you will need a pan or baking stone. (I always use a pampered chef baking stone for these, but if you are using a baking pan, you will need to probably grease it or spray with non-stick baking spray).
- Open the cans of crescent rolls and tear along the lines so that you end up with 8 squares. (they will also be perforated for triangles as this is how you normally use them, however keep two triangles together to form a square for this recipe.).
- Place your squares on your stone or greased baking pan. Spoon cooled chicken onto the squares. This is where I am not sure exactly how to tell you "how much" chicken to spoon on depending on the size spoon you are using. The best way to do this is to probably separate the chicken in the skillet into 8 equal portions and spoon each portion onto the crescent square. With about 30 oz of chicken, that's 3.75 oz chicken per square, if that helps any!
- Then sprinkle shredded cheese over the chicken on each square. Using as much or as little as you like.
- Take the corners of the squares and fold them into the middle making a little crescent container for your chicken and cheese. To do this, imagine the square this way: Top left corner is A. Top right is B. Bottom left is C, and bottom right is D. Fold corner A and D in first, then B and C, Twist the corners together slightly so that it will stay together while cooking.
- Now just sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of bread crumbs over the top of the crescent roll.
- Bake according to the time on your crescent roll can. (Usually somewhere between 10-15 mins).