Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness. Coarsely chops shrimp and transfer to medium bowl. Combine shrimp, butter, green onions, jalapenos and 1 1/2 tsp salt. Spoon shrimp and vegetable mixture onto each breast. Roll evenly into logs. Secure seams with toothpicks; cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in large heavy pot or skillet 370 degrees. In medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, remaining salt and water. Whip until well blended. Dip 3 chicken rolls, one at a time, into flour mixture and then into hot oil. Fry 10 to 15 minutes until golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper. Repeat with remaining 3 rollls. Remove toothpicks and serve immediately to retain crispnedd. May also be browned and cooked 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.