You want thin-sliced chicken breast halves for this recipe. Thin-sliced does not mean to cut the chicken into strips. It refers to the thickness of the chicken breasts you buy. If your grocery store doesn't carry the thin chicken breast halves, simply cut a larger thicker breast in half. Recipe is from Family Circle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F; spread chicken cutlets on a cutting board; if you can't find thin-sliced chicken, simply slice 4 thick cutlets in half to form 8 cutlets (save 4 for another use).
- 2Place 2 slices smoked turkey on each piece of chicken.
- 3Top each with one sliced folded provolone cheese and 2 of the basil leaves.
- 4Roll up chicken to enclose filling, folding any overlapping edges of turkey over cheese (fold edges of sliced turkey over the cheese before tightly rolling chicken. This will help keep melted cheese from oozing out of the open ends while baking).
- 5Secure closed with toothpicks.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- 8Add chicken rolls and brown on all sides, turning, about 4 minutes.
- 9Transfer chicken rolls to a 13x9x2-inch baking dish and cover with foil.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 11To serve: Remove toothpicks and cut chicken rolls crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- 12Serve with cooked noodles, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Rollatini
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.2
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 436.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 22.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: