Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
My family loves this versatile recipe. It is pretty healthy and so delicious!! Even my 4 and 9 yr olds ask for seconds!! The cream cheese stays intact and everything is juicy and tasty!!
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded flat and seasoned to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup baby carrots (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup broccoli (fresh or frozen)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil, for sauteeing
- Place 1 oz cream cheese and 1/4 spinach at the short end of each flattened chicken breast.
- Roll and secure with toothpicks, place in heated oil in large sautee pan and brown on each side.
- Pour liquids and veggies into pan and season to taste.
- Simmer, covered, over medium-low heat for 30 minutes,remove toothpicks, and serve!
- Substitutions: You can top the veggies with parmesan cheese, add other veggies to the pan, substitute the cream cheese for cheddar or mozzarella -- the possibilities are endless!