Recipe by Vino Girl
Simple recipe from Everyday Food October 2005.
Top Review by anniesnomsblog
Delicious! I rarely use goats cheese and now I don't know why because it's super creamy and made these roll ups taste amazing!! Love the contrast with the peppery arugula as well; these disappeared very fast!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cutlets (8 cutlets)
- coarse salt
- 1 bunch arugula, stems trimmed
- 3 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, broken into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- On a clean work surface, lay cutlets flat (smooth sides down).
- Dividing ingredients evenly, layer each cutlet with arugula; top with crumbled goat cheese in the center.
- Starting with the narrow end, roll up chicken tightly; seal with a toothpick.
- In a large nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Place chicken in pan, seam side down, and cook until until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn chicken over.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Cook until chicken is opaque throughout, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks, and slice chicken crosswise before serving, if desired.