Recipe by Khadu'ja
Chicken in crescent roll pocket with a creamy gravy. Easy-peasy. My daughter was the initiator of this when she was a toddler, but now my husband loves it and requests it frequently. When cooled the roll-ups are finger food that can be dipped in the creamy gravy. To make the meal more 'grown up' you can season the chicken with other herbs & spices.
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 small yellow onions or 2 teaspoons dried onion
- 3 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 (8 ounce) containers Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls (or similar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven according to crescent roll instructions.
- Saute olive oil, garlic and onion to a heated med-frying pan, when onion is lightly browned add cut chicken and cook until outside is completely white. Remove from heat.
- Put chicken mixture in to a mixing bowl with the softened cream cheese and mix until chicken is coated.
- Place a teaspoonful of the chicken into the wideset part of a crescent roll and wrap the remainder of the roll around the chicken, place on a baking sheet according to the crescent roll instructions.
- Bake the crescents per the instructions.
- In a sauce pan combine the cream of chicken soup and sour cream and heat until bubbly.