Recipe by Gerry Hollingshead
My mother served this a lot. Even people who didn't like chicken liked it. It is even better when cooked the day before and then reheated for serving. She served it with green beans and Garlic Buns. (see recipe for Garlic Buns here also.)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes (jalepena peppers & tomatoes)
- 1 dozen corn tortilla
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- butter or margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken breasts until done, cool, and shred.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the soup, sour cream, and Ro-tel tomatoes together.
- Tear tortillas in fourths.
- Butter casserole dish (9X12) Pour a small amount of soup mixture in bottom of dish.
- Cover bottom of dish with half of the torn tortillas.
- Then layer chicken, soup mixture, and cheese.
- Repeat starting with remainder of tortillas and ending with the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes (or until cheese is completely melted.).