Recipe by Chef Petunia
This is a Kraft recipe I found on their website. Although I love chicken thighs, I thought they would be too greasy with this recipe so I used boneless and skinless chicken breasts. This recipe turned out perfect and the family loved it.
Top Review by Plantation Homestead Chef
This recipe was fabulous if you like your meat and potatoes! I used boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small slices so they were well marinated, and I only had beef bacon, so I used that instead of regular bacon. After frying up the bacon I also used a little chicken broth to deglaze the pan. Then after adding the potatoes I was sure to salt well and add some pepper. The chicken was moist, and there were enough drippings in the bottom of the pan to spoon over the finished product. <br/>This will be going in our monthly meal planner! Great recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 6 large bone-in skinless chicken thighs, visible fat removed
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- POUR dressing over chicken in shallow dish. Refrigerate 30 minute to marinate.
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet, reserving 1 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- ADD potatoes and onions to reserved drippings; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Crumble bacon. Add to potato mixture; mix lightly. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken over potato mixture.
- BAKE 55 minute to 1 hour or until potatoes are tender and chicken is done (165ºF). Top with cheese and parsley.