Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a Kraft recipe I found on their website. Although I love chicken thighs, I thought they would be too greasy with this recipe so I used boneless and skinless chicken breasts. This recipe turned out perfect and the family loved it.
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 6 large bone-in skinless chicken thighs, visible fat removed
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- POUR dressing over chicken in shallow dish. Refrigerate 30 minute to marinate.
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet, reserving 1 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- ADD potatoes and onions to reserved drippings; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Crumble bacon. Add to potato mixture; mix lightly. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken over potato mixture.
- BAKE 55 minute to 1 hour or until potatoes are tender and chicken is done (165ºF). Top with cheese and parsley.
This recipe was fabulous if you like your meat and potatoes! I used boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small slices so they were well marinated, and I only had beef bacon, so I used that instead of regular bacon. After frying up the bacon I also used a little chicken broth to deglaze the pan. Then after adding the potatoes I was sure to salt well and add some pepper. The chicken was moist, and there were enough drippings in the bottom of the pan to spoon over the finished product. <br/>This will be going in our monthly meal planner! Great recipe!