Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is being brought to you by cooking with master chefs. This one is by Jeremiah Tower. He has restaurants in San Francisco,Napa Valley and Berkeley. This is very easy and a perfect meal.
- 6 1⁄2 lbs roasting chickens
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 5 large heads of garlic
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 lemons, halved
- Preheat oven to 375. Remove the giblets in the cavity! (Good for some soup or the cat!) Remove the large pieces of fat around the cavity. Wash the Roaster inside and out under cold water then dry with a paper towel.Salt and pepper the inside of the cavity then pour a spoonful of olive oil inside the cavity.
- Take a handfull of garlic and the rosemary and stuff it inside. Don't for get to seperate the garlic pods and remove the cloves! Squeez 2 lemon halved inside the roaster and put the lemon inside also.
- Tie the legs together or trust the legs with scewers. Brush the outside of the roaster with the olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set it in your casserole dish with the breast facing up.
- Flatten the pieces of fat and lay them across the breast. Taking a clever or wide knife smash the garlic flat. Lay it on the roaster along with the rest of the rosemary. Try to get the garlic and rosemay all over the roaster. Squeez the rest of the lemon over the roaster and toss in the lemons to.
- Roast for 1 hour on the lower rack. After 1 hour turn up to 400 for 1/2 hour removing the lid to brown. This is very good with garlic roasre potatoes.