Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another great quick and easy BBQ chicken salad! Pecan can be used instead of walnuts. I've allowed 15 minutes cook time for pasta.
- 300 g frilled pasta shells
- 1 (270 g) jarchar-grilled red capsicums, in oil
- 150 g feta cheese, chopped coarsely
- 425 g cooked chicken, coarsely chopped
- 35 g walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, loosely packed
- 60 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water until just tender, drain and rinse under cold running water, drain again.
- Drain capsicum, reserving 1/3 cup of the capsicum oil, chop capsicum coarsely.
- Combine capsicum and pasta in large bowl with feta cheese, chicken, walnuts and basil.
- Combine reserved oil with vinegar, garlic and mustard, mixing well.
- Drizzle dressing over chicken mixture, toss gently to combine.
Loved this! Great taste. I've made it twice and will make it again. The dressing with the fresh garlic adds a lot of bite! The only change I made was the grilled capsicum in oil. I only had ones in water.
I really enjoyed this dish, but it wasn't my hubby's favorite. I used macaroni noodles instead of frilled, and used sun-dried tomatoes instead of peppers. Next time I think I will also increase the liquids a little (Or maybe I just used too much pasta in my guess-timating!) Thanks so much for sharing!! :O)
Jarred fire roasted red bell peppers are a wonderful thing and I make sure we always have some in the pantry. This is a great way to enjoy them and that leftover roasted chicken.