Another great quick and easy BBQ chicken salad! Pecan can be used instead of walnuts. I've allowed 15 minutes cook time for pasta.
- 300 g frilled pasta shells
- 1 (270 g) jarchar-grilled red capsicums, in oil
- 150 g feta cheese, chopped coarsely
- 425 g cooked chicken, coarsely chopped
- 35 g walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, loosely packed
- 60 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water until just tender, drain and rinse under cold running water, drain again.
- Drain capsicum, reserving 1/3 cup of the capsicum oil, chop capsicum coarsely.
- Combine capsicum and pasta in large bowl with feta cheese, chicken, walnuts and basil.
- Combine reserved oil with vinegar, garlic and mustard, mixing well.
- Drizzle dressing over chicken mixture, toss gently to combine.