Recipe by Jewelies
Another great quick and easy BBQ chicken salad! Pecan can be used instead of walnuts. I've allowed 15 minutes cook time for pasta.
Top Review by Lunarbean
Loved this! Great taste. I've made it twice and will make it again. The dressing with the fresh garlic adds a lot of bite! The only change I made was the grilled capsicum in oil. I only had ones in water.
- 300 g frilled pasta shells
- 1 (270 g) jarchar-grilled red capsicums, in oil
- 150 g feta cheese, chopped coarsely
- 425 g cooked chicken, coarsely chopped
- 35 g walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, loosely packed
- 60 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water until just tender, drain and rinse under cold running water, drain again.
- Drain capsicum, reserving 1/3 cup of the capsicum oil, chop capsicum coarsely.
- Combine capsicum and pasta in large bowl with feta cheese, chicken, walnuts and basil.
- Combine reserved oil with vinegar, garlic and mustard, mixing well.
- Drizzle dressing over chicken mixture, toss gently to combine.