Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this recipe because it's so easy to throw together and takes no time to serve. It's a half hour in the oven and it's ready. It can be prepared a day ahead of time for those busy people, just keep it refrigerated. It's served best with cranberry sauce to the side or just spread on top of it after its cooked..it's yummy!!
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (as much as you'd like to prepare)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (I use one stick for about 4 chicken breasts)
- 2 packages of ground-up Ritz crackers
- Cut off all unecessary fat from chicken breasts.
- If breasts are thick, cut in half so you butterfly them.
- Pound down with a mallet so they're not too thick, but not paper thin either.
- Dip the breasts in your melted butter, both sides.
- Dip the buttery breasts into the ritz cracker crumbs, on both sides and press firmly so the crumbs really stick to it.
- Place on a cookie sheet in oven set at 350* for 15 minutes on both sides.
This recipe is a great recipe for the entire family. Everyone loved it. It is very easy to make. This will definitely be a new addition to our household. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!! Melanie
This is great. I have been making this for years and actually just thought to check and see if a recipe was posted for it yet. With the Ritz crackers now coming in the various flavor varieties the possiblities for this dish are endless. Tonight I sprinkled my chicken with a little Penzey's Sandwich Sprinkle and used Roasted Vegetable Ritz. Num num. Thanks, Dee.
Really yummy! Try and get the Ritz Crackers finely crushed. It adheres to the chicken better. It helps if the chicken has been out of the fridge for a few minutes. When the chicken is still cold, it causes the melted butter to harden.