1/2 Photos of Chicken Risotto Soup
My best friend Tammi made this on my first visit to her new home, built in 2007 on 40 acres in Olde Florida. She got it from the Publix grocery store's "Apron's" recipe collection.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 3/4 ounces onions, diced
- 2 3/4 ounces bell peppers, diced
- 2 3/4 ounces celery, diced
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup long grain white rice
- 1 (32 ounce) box chicken broth
- 3/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 10 ounces cooked chicken (or turkey)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Preheat large saucepan on medium-high 2–3 minutes; place olive oil in pan; swirl to coat; add onions, bell pepper, celery, mushrooms and pepper. Crush garlic into pan using garlic press. Use knife to remove garlic from bottom of press. Cook 3–4 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables begin to brown. Meanwhile, chop spinach coarsely.
- 2Stir in rice and spinach; cook 1–2 minutes, stirring often, until spinach wilts. Stir in broth, half-and-half, and wine (in that order); bring to boil.
- 3Reduce to medium and cook 15–17 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender. Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- 4Combine water and cornstarch in small bowl until well blended. Stir chicken into soup. Slowly add cornstarch mixture, stirring continuously, until blended and soup begins to thicken. Cook 2–3 more minutes, stirring occasionally, to heat chicken and blend flavors. Serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Risotto Soup
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.4
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 36.9 mg
- Sodium 599.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 18.1 g