Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From my Panasonic 1200 watt microwave cookbook. Adjust times to suit your microwave. This is really good and an easy way to cook risotto when you are just too tired to cook in the traditional manner.
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, medium size chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups chicken, coarsely chopped lightly cooked
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄3 cup skim evaporated milk
- ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- parmesan cheese, extra to serve
- Cook shallots and onions on full power 1 minute in 4 ltr dish; add oil, rice, garlic and cook covered on full power for another minute.
- Add 2 cups stock, cook full power 15 mins, stir twice until liquid absorbed.
- Add the remainder of stock and cook on full power 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, baby spinach, peas, evap skim milk, pepper and parmesan and cook covered full power 5 mins or until all stock absorbed.
- Serve with extra parmesan.
My husband made this while our kitchen was being renovated. He used 1 cup of parmesan and added 4 rashers of bacon, chopped. It was easy and delicious. It didn't have the smoky flavour of the stovetop risotto but the clean-up was a breeze.