Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups skinless chicken, cooked, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, Chopped
- 3 cups rice, Cooked
- 1⁄4 cup cheese, Grated
- Cook the zucchini and onions in small amount of water until tender, about 5 to 10 min.
- Add other ingredients, except for cheese.
- Cook and stir until heated through.
- Remove from heat, stir in cheese, serve.
Yum! A healthy quick meal that used up several things I had on hand. My Hubby and I agree that it's a keeper and he doesn't say that about much. I sauteed red onion in place of the green onion in some olive oil and then added zucchini I had sliced on my mandolin. When it was almost done I added garlic, thyme, salt, fresh ground black pepper and roasted red peppers instead of pimentos. I then tossed in cooked millet in place of the brown rice and used kasseri and parmesan cheeses. I tossed the chicken with Lawry's season salt. Freddy cat says hi! Made for kittencalskitchen.com tag game.
I added this to Recipe #111450 omitting the thyme as I used basil. It was lovely and made for a filling, enjoyable dinner.
This was pretty good but a bit bland according to my hubby. I sprinkled some red pepper on his and he ate it fine after that.