Recipe by Smilyn
This is a very good recipe for my son who is 2 years old. He isn't one for chicken, but will eat this. I put individual servings for him into the freezer so when the hubby and I eat something that we know he won't eat, I just pop this in the microwave. Very easy and satisfying. From Betty Crocker's Slow Cooker Meals Feb 06
Top Review by MichMom
A good slow cooker meal! Followed the recipe as-is the first time, and enjoyed it. This time, I'll add either broccoli or peas to up the veggie intake, and possibly cut the parm. down only to decrease the fat. The taste with the full amount of parm was incredible! Hopefully it won't lose too much of that by reducing the amount. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (the low fat one is ok)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, mix chicken, onion, carrot, garlic and water.
- Cover; cook on low heat setting for 6 to 7 hours (depending on brand of slow cooker).
- Stir in rice and butter.
- Increase heat setting to HIGH.
- Cover; cook 5 minutes until rice is tender.
- Stir in soup and cheese.
- Cover; cook 10 - 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve immediately.
- Appx. 1 1/2 cups per serving for adults.