Recipe by girlswguns
I got this recipe from my sister. It's very easy to make in one skillet and YUMMY!! Love some crusty bread to go along with this dish... and don't forget the wine!
Top Review by LeanneF
LOVED THIS girlswguns! I didn't have fresh mushrooms so I used 20g dried porchini, soaked for half hour. I also used 1/2 an onion instead of green onions and parmesan cheese in lieu of cheddar. The result was to die for!! Sending it to Mum so she can cook it for Dad!!
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked rice
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet melt 2 Tbsp of the butter.
- Add chicken and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until pieces are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add remaining butter, rice and garlic to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until rice is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and green onion.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and basil.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Gently stir in chicken.
- Continue simmering until chicken is heated through and rice is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Top with cheese and serve immediately.