Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from my sister. It's very easy to make in one skillet and YUMMY!! Love some crusty bread to go along with this dish... and don't forget the wine!
- In large skillet melt 2 Tbsp of the butter.
- Add chicken and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until pieces are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add remaining butter, rice and garlic to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until rice is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and green onion.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and basil.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Gently stir in chicken.
- Continue simmering until chicken is heated through and rice is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Top with cheese and serve immediately.
LOVED THIS girlswguns! I didn't have fresh mushrooms so I used 20g dried porchini, soaked for half hour. I also used 1/2 an onion instead of green onions and parmesan cheese in lieu of cheddar. The result was to die for!! Sending it to Mum so she can cook it for Dad!!
This dish is excellent. I had to omit the mushrooms since my husband doesn't like them. Also, I used 2 large cans of ck breast and added it towards the end as mentioned in the recipe. This is definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing.
This recipe is SO good! And it is pretty quick and easy as well. One thing I suggest is adding some broccoli florets into the mix near the end. This tastes wonderful and completes the meal. I also use olive oil for the chicken so that I don't have to use so much butter, and we don't taste any difference. Great recipe!