Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a soup feature in our local paper.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 brown onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (sliced)
- 4 chicken thigh fillets (skinless boneless)
- 1 liter chicken stock (4 cups)
- 2 cups water (500ml)
- 1 cup risoni
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind (finely grated)
- 60 ml lemon juice (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated, more if you like)
- Put oil into a saucepan over high heat and add chopped brown onion and sliced garlic clove and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken thigh fillets, chicken stock and water and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and shred and set aside.
- Add the risoni to the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes and then add the shredded chicken with finaly grated lemon rind, lemon juice and parsley leaves.
- Divide between bowls and sprinkle with grated parmesan.
Pat, this is great! I used powdered stock, but will make my own for this next time-I think it would take it to another level. I also used 6 lovely legs which I threw in whole for about 40 minutes, then fished them out and took the meat off the bones. I gave this a good grinding of black pepper, but can't think of anything else you could do to improve it.