Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
modidified by my mother-in-law from a pampered chef cookbook. This is so good, I usually eat the filling by itself as a chicken salad. There are hardly any leftovers and its super quick and easy to make.
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh finely chopped broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheese (casserole mix)
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 crescent roll dough, packages
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook chicken in pressure cooker. Once it starts to giggle slowly turn heat on low and allow to giggle for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, chop broccoli, onion, and parsley and combine in bowl.
- Cook bacon and allow to cool, then crumble and add to veggie mixture.
- Add cheese, mayo, mustard, and lemon juice to bowl and mix well.
- Once chicken is done, shred and stir into your veggie mix. Set aside.
- On a cookie sheet or large stone pan, unroll crescent rolls and mash together seams (join the 2 packets at the ends).
- Spoon mixture down the center third of the pastry, cut horizontal strips on both sides and braid them over the mixture.
- Separate egg, only keeping the white and brush over the top of braid.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Very tasty and super easy recipe! I've made other variations of "ring" recipes before, but my hubby really liked this one with the bacon in it. Definitely a winner and will definitely make again!
This recipe was very tasty! I didn't have 2 cups of cheddar, so I used 1 cup of mozzarella and it still turned out great. I also added some spring onions.
I am a lazy cook, so I used precooked chicken and it still was a great dish! I love these pretty one dish ring meals! Thanks for posting this recipe!