Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you are in the mood for a rich, creamy pasta dish - try this one! The flavor is so...yummy - not low cal though! Perfect with crusty bread and a good salad. Cook time includes making the noodles. Hope you enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 sliced shallots
- salt & pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sweet red peppers, drained and julienned
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (8 ounce) box rigatoni pasta
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) canof sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil& butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and shallots, saute until soft.
- Then add chicken, seasoning with salt& pepper;saute until lightly browned- you don't want to over cook the chicken with all the extra simmering time below.
- Begin heating water for pasta.
- Add peppers, olives, mushrooms and tomato sauce to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes (while pasta is cooking) Add sherry and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Stir in cream and parmesan cheese and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Toss all with hot, cooked pasta and serve immediately.
I recently moved back home to California from Utica, NY (the home of Chicken Riggies), and finally decided to try my hand at making them since there's no place to order them here. I was extremely pleased to find out this recipe was better than any plate of riggies I'd ever tried while staying in Utica. I like mine a little spicy, so I added about 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes. Very delicious and easy to make. Thanks for posting, DDW!
AMAZING!! I made this dinner tonight for my boyfriend and his parents and they LOVED it! Great recipe! I altered it a little bit. Here is what I did- 16 ounces of rigatoni, two cups of tomato sauce, 12 ounces of roasted red peppers, basil and some sugar in the sauce to tame all the acidic items. I didn't add olives, mushrooms, or green peppers. I was told to add this as a favorite by everyone for further dinners! Thank you! :)
We really enjoyed this one! The kids and I ate it as is, but my DH added some red pepper flakes to his. I have been asked to make these again they were enjoyed so much by us all!