Recipe by DDW
If you are in the mood for a rich, creamy pasta dish - try this one! The flavor is so...yummy - not low cal though! Perfect with crusty bread and a good salad. Cook time includes making the noodles. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by eggs-pear-a-mint
I recently moved back home to California from Utica, NY (the home of Chicken Riggies), and finally decided to try my hand at making them since there's no place to order them here. I was extremely pleased to find out this recipe was better than any plate of riggies I'd ever tried while staying in Utica. I like mine a little spicy, so I added about 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes. Very delicious and easy to make. Thanks for posting, DDW!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 sliced shallots
- salt & pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sweet red peppers, drained and julienned
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (8 ounce) box rigatoni pasta
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) canof sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil& butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and shallots, saute until soft.
- Then add chicken, seasoning with salt& pepper;saute until lightly browned- you don't want to over cook the chicken with all the extra simmering time below.
- Begin heating water for pasta.
- Add peppers, olives, mushrooms and tomato sauce to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes (while pasta is cooking) Add sherry and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Stir in cream and parmesan cheese and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Toss all with hot, cooked pasta and serve immediately.