Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great recipe for my favorite pasta dish. Creamy, flavorful and comfortable. I originally got this from Cooks Country Magazine and then changed it to my taste.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 78.07 ml jarred cherry pepper, chopped fine
- 44.37 ml pepper brine
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 113.39 g pancetta, chopped
- 453.59 g whole mushrooms, washed and quartered
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 5 garlic cloves, monced
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 793.78 g crushed tomatoes
- 177.44 ml heavy cream
- 453.59 g rigatoni pasta, cooked
- 118.29 ml pasta cooking water
- 295.73 ml grated romano cheese
- Combine chicken, brine, oil and 1 tsp salt in a zip lock bag and marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbl oil and add pancetta. Cook until crisp and fat is rendered. Remove and place in medium bowl. Add bell peppers, mushrooms and 1/2 tsp salt and brown in remaining fat. Remove veggies and add to pancetta in bowl.
- Add remaining oil and add onion and cook over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in cherry peppers, garlic, oregano and garlic and cook about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and cream and 1/2 tsp pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes until thick.
- Stir in chicken, veggies and pancetta and simmer covered for about 8 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Add remaining cherry pepper brine.
- Add hot cooked pasta and romano cheese and toss with the sauce. Use the cooking water, if mixture is too thick. Season with salt and pepper.