Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great recipe for my favorite pasta dish. Creamy, flavorful and comfortable. I originally got this from Cooks Country Magazine and then changed it to my taste.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup jarred cherry pepper, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons pepper brine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta, chopped
- 16 ounces whole mushrooms, washed and quartered
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 5 garlic cloves, monced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup pasta cooking water
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated romano cheese
- Combine chicken, brine, oil and 1 tsp salt in a zip lock bag and marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbl oil and add pancetta. Cook until crisp and fat is rendered. Remove and place in medium bowl. Add bell peppers, mushrooms and 1/2 tsp salt and brown in remaining fat. Remove veggies and add to pancetta in bowl.
- Add remaining oil and add onion and cook over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in cherry peppers, garlic, oregano and garlic and cook about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and cream and 1/2 tsp pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes until thick.
- Stir in chicken, veggies and pancetta and simmer covered for about 8 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Add remaining cherry pepper brine.
- Add hot cooked pasta and romano cheese and toss with the sauce. Use the cooking water, if mixture is too thick. Season with salt and pepper.