Great recipe for my favorite pasta dish. Creamy, flavorful and comfortable. I originally got this from Cooks Country Magazine and then changed it to my taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup jarred cherry pepper, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons pepper brine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 lb pancetta, chopped
- 16 ounces whole mushrooms, washed and quartered
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 5 garlic cloves, monced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked
- 1/2 cup pasta cooking water
- 1 1/4 cups grated romano cheese
- 1Combine chicken, brine, oil and 1 tsp salt in a zip lock bag and marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- 2Heat 1 tbl oil and add pancetta. Cook until crisp and fat is rendered. Remove and place in medium bowl. Add bell peppers, mushrooms and 1/2 tsp salt and brown in remaining fat. Remove veggies and add to pancetta in bowl.
- 3Add remaining oil and add onion and cook over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in cherry peppers, garlic, oregano and garlic and cook about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and cream and 1/2 tsp pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes until thick.
- 4Stir in chicken, veggies and pancetta and simmer covered for about 8 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Add remaining cherry pepper brine.
- 5Add hot cooked pasta and romano cheese and toss with the sauce. Use the cooking water, if mixture is too thick. Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Riggies
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.2
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 149.5 mg
- Sodium 701.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 36.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: