Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another favorite lunch chicken pasta salad.
Make and share this Chicken Rigatoni Caesar Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces mini rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- romaine lettuce leaf
- 1 cup herbed crouton, crumbled for garnish
- 8 rolled anchovies over capers, drained and blotted dry (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta al dente by following the directions on the box; drain in a colander, rinse under cold running water and drain completely; set aside.
- To make the dressing: in a small mixing bowl, whisk the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, dry mustard, salt, pepper, and anchovy paste until well blended.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil, forming an emulsion.
- Transfer pasta to a large bowl; add in chicken, onion, parsley, and cheese; toss gently to combine.
- Pour dressing over the salad; toss again to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 8 hours before serving.
- Before serving, line plate with romaine lettuces.
- Place salad on lettuce bed and sprinkle with croutons; garnish with anchovy fillets, if desired.