Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My husband Richard has a knack for making interesting things out of kitchen miscellaney. This baked chicken dish came out really well. I'm not sure on the quantities of most of the ingredients, and precise measurements are probably not that important in this recipe -- it's the combination that counts. (Note: Preparation time does not include marinating time.)
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 3 -4 potatoes, diced
- 3 -4 carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 green pepper, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2-1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, mashed (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2-1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 -3 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano (adjust to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in baking pan and marinate in refrigerator, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- Bake at 375 degrees, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and stir.
- Cover again and bake for another 15 minutes.
Very good! Made as directed. Thanks, MarieL! Made for TYM tag game.