Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
One dish wonder, no pre-cooking, just throw it together and throw it in the oven.
- 3⁄4 cup long-grain rice, uncooked (regular or chicken flavoured)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, chopped (I use fresh broccoli and cauliflower)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir the rice, onion, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, chicken broth, tomato soup, brown sugar, vinegar and worcestershire together in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper together then toss the chicken in that mixture (I put it in a large ziploc bag and shake it all together).
- Place the seasoned chicken on the rice mixture and cover the baking dish with foil. Bake covered for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with shredded cheese, bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes, until most of the liquid is gone and the cheese is bubbly.
I did this minus the chicken and added pre cooked chicken after the rice was done and it was great.I used vegie stock and wholegrain rice.I also probably doubled all the seasonings as i did not want it too bland for my family's tastes and I also added a little smoky paprika - all round very easy and yummy.
Very good. I used spaghetti sauce instead of the tomato soup. My rice was crunchy though.... I used long grain brown rice. But everything else was very good.
it was OK but I don't think I like tomato soup in it...perhaps if I used tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce in the rice instead...the chicken part was good and remained good on the reheat though...I believe I'll tinker with this a little and repost if I can