Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great dinner for those hot summer evenings.
- 1 (7 ounce) package chicken rice pilaf mix
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 cups tortilla chips, coarsely broken
- 1 tomatoes
- guacamole (optional) or sour cream (optional)
- Saute rice with butter until golden brown. Slowly stir in chicken, salsa, water and seasoning packet contents. Stir in corn; cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink inside.
- To serve, arrange lettuce on each plate. Top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, tortilla chips and tomato. Top with guacamole or sour cream, if desired.