Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe came from the local paper. It is a quick skillet supper, with layers of flavours. It's one of our favourites! The ingredients list may look long, but it really is a quick easy dish to put together after work.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, medium, minced
- 1 1⁄3 cups rice (I use Jasmine)
- 2 cups water (see directions)
- 1 (19 ounce) can peaches, sliced in juice, not heavy syrup
- Cut chicken ito bite size pieces.
- Brown in 1 Tablespoon of oil in a large skillet.
- Meanwhile zest lime and then juice into a small bowl.
- Add to juice and zest, ginger, curry, & garlic.
- Remove chicken from pan
- Add 1 Tablespoon of oil and onion, cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice and curry mixture.
- Open peaches and drain juice into a large measuring cup.
- Add water to juice until it measures 2 1/2 cups of liquid.
- Stir into the rice, add chicken on top of rice.
- Cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- Add peaches to mix, cook one minute to warm peaches.
- Serve & enjoy!
I picked this recipe because I actually had everything on hand and wanted to use up these 2 frozen chicken breast that were sitting in my freezer. With the peaches and currey being yellow and the chicken just blending in to the other...it would have been nice to see another color. The recipe was OK, nothing special...in fact, the peaches kept throwing me off! There are other recipes to explore before I would come back to this one!
Very good and easy too! This is a great weeknight meal. I had a few okra in the garden so threw in them in too. Very good! Thanks for sharing!